Posted to uk.d-i-y
harry harry is offline

Default More on electric cars.

On Sep 18, 11:39*pm, "Dave Plowman (News)"
wrote:
In article ,
* *Doctor *Drivel wrote:

Audi are looking into using a very small Wankel engine as a range
extender genny slapped under the boot. For the rare times it will be
used it is fine. Wankels are efficient running at their constant high
speed "sweet spot", so come into their own as a genny. The very small
size and no vibration is also a great major advantage.

That'll be why all generators already use them.

--
*I wish the buck stopped here. *I could use a few.

* * Dave Plowman * * * * * * * * London SW
* * * * * * * * * To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Nothing stopping you buying an electric car and a small portable
generator to carry around in case you didn't quite make it home.