Posted to uk.d-i-y
harry harry is offline

Default More on electric cars.

On Sep 18, 10:16*pm, John Williamson
wrote:
charles wrote:
In article ,
* *Doctor *Drivel wrote:
charles wrote:
In article ,
* Doctor *Drivel wrote:
charles wrote:
In article ,
* Doctor *Drivel wrote:
John Williamson wrote:
It allegedly takes a Nissan Leaf to 80% charge in 30 minutes.
The New Toshiba batteries can do 80% charge in 3 mins.
from what size of supply? *Certainly not a domestic 13A one.
Again....The New Toshiba batteries can do 80% charge in 3 mins.
Have you got that yet?
yes, I got that.

Fantastic. It took two goes.

no, it only took one. but you have snipped my question to you. Presumably
because you can't answer it.

As Drivel can't answer the question, I will.

Nissan and Toyota are part of the ChaDeMo partnership who provide up to
50Kw chargers for quick charging of electric cars. They need a 440V. 3
phase, 110 A supply. They supply 500 Volts DC at up to 110 Amps under
the control of an ECU in the car. They take half an hour to charge it up
enough to get to the next charging point.

--
Tciao for Now!

John.- Hide quoted text -

Correct.