Posted to alt.home.repair

Default PEX for refrigerant

On 9/18/2012 5:22 PM, wrote:
Hi,

Is there such thing as PEX that you can use instead of copper for HVAC refrigerant?

Thanks!

Sam

I do a lot of refrigeration and AC work and I've never come across any
line sets that were anything but metal. I've had to braze copper to
steel fittings and copper can't be used with ammonia refrigerants you
must use steel pipe. PEX could used for an evaporator drain line but
it depends on the jurisdiction. The last commercial job I was on had
the PVC drain lines removed and replaced with copper as per inspector
order. O_o

TDD