Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Heat Pump in Cold Climate?

On Tue, 18 Sep 2012 16:33:24 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote:

On Sep 18, 6:30*pm, "
wrote:
On Tue, 18 Sep 2012 13:07:44 -0700 (PDT), "

wrote:
On Sep 18, 3:47*pm, "
wrote:
On Tue, 18 Sep 2012 12:28:01 -0700 (PDT), "

wrote:
On Sep 18, 11:14*am, "
wrote:
On Tue, 18 Sep 2012 06:26:59 -0700 (PDT), "

wrote:
On Sep 17, 1:28*pm, "
wrote:

Let's see. *You get 3.413 BTU per watt hour of electricity for
resistance heat. *For the outside unit, that comes to about 1630 watts
or 5570 BTUs if you put the power into a resistor instead of the
compressor and fan. *Plus you have the add the indoor fan. *And, I know,
I didn't add anything for power factor. *But, it shows that you are
almost getting the same amount of heat as you would if it were a
resistive heater.- Hide quoted text -

You didn't document the numbers you were using, but I
don't believe the analysis is correct. *Any heat pump
system is going to give you a lot more heat out than
a resistive heater, 2 to 4 times as much depending on
the design, temps, etc.

His analysis is correct, as I understand the data.

His "analysis" doesn't make any sense. *He doesn't
even make it clear which heat pump unit he's talking
about so we can see what numbers he's using.
His bottom line is that he is *saying that with a heat pump
you get about the same amount of heat as you would with
a resistive heating element that consumes equal electricity.

At some low temperature, yes.

There we have it folks. *The usual KRW tactic. *Try to now
change the discussion into something else. *Art stated:

Wong, liar. *The discussion *was* about operation and efficiencies at lower
temperatures.

" But, it shows that you are *almost getting the same amount
of heat as you would if it were a *resistive heater. "

...at low temperatures.

There was no qualification of temperature. *Now, having been
wrong, just as I predicted, you try to weasel away by now
adding "at some low temperatures" into it.

You really are an idiot. *That's what the discussion was about. *What a stupid
liar.

Show me where Art gave a temp that his statment applied to.
Typically YOU would be the one to jump all over something like
that, because it's open ended, generally not true, and
meaningless without specifying what temps you are talking about.

Read the ****ing thread for once. *What a dumbass.

snipped nothing useful - seldom is once Trader gets involved- Hide quoted text -

As usual, defeated with the basic facts, KRW resorts to
name calling and vulgarity. Face it, you never looked at
the performance data. If you had, you would have known
that the statement Art made was incorrect:

As usual, instead of reading, Trader lies. You can set your watch by it.