Posted to sci.electronics.repair
whit3rd whit3rd is offline

Default VCR Or The Remote?

On Monday, September 17, 2012 11:31:37 PM UTC-7, Guv Bob wrote:
"Ron" wrote in message ...

I have an old clunker of a set, a combined TV and VCR that somebody

gave to us, which works well enough so I keep using it. Or it did: For

some reason the remote now only controls the TV and not the VCR:

so .... can anyone recommend a good but cheap universal remote?

I kinda like some of the X10 remotes (starting at $5 from www.x10.com); these
have RF as well as infrared output, so you can use 'em with radio modules
for non line-of-sight applications, including bridges to control
house lighting and suchlike. Or as a mouse for a computer.