Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default More on electric cars.

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
Doctor Drivel wrote:
I was reading spent Prius batteries are good for replacing a lead/acid
battery in a car.

No - far better to use an old laptop one. Would be just as much use.

Why is it all these electric car fanatics understand basic electrics
rather less than a three year old?

Because if they did understand it better, they wouldn't be electric car
fanatics.

I got very excited after flying my first model plane on lithium
batteries. Did some calcs and got down to £27,000 quid for the battery,,
and a range of about 120 miles. But 400bhp was easy peasy.

Then I discovered that's pretty much a Tesla.

--
Ineptocracy

diminishing number of producers.