Posted to alt.home.repair
Malcom \Mal\ Reynolds Malcom \Mal\ Reynolds is offline

Default OT Romney picks Ryan

In article , Han
wrote:

Right on.
I could (of course) say things against drug companies etc, but that would
be rehashing old stuff. In principle I have nothing against Bain making
companies more efficient. This is a capitalist society after all. What
I am against is that in many cases the current version of capitalism has
turned into robber baronism. There was a lot of good in STandard Oil,
the railroads, what have you, but there was a lot of bad greed for the
sake of greed too. That is again in the current version. I have nothing
against CEOs of well-run companies earning a really good living. But
they don't seem to realize that excessive wealth concentrated in too few
breeds resentment. Trickle down economics, job creators etc, is all the
same. It means me first, screw you. Now, if you feed the middle class,
they'll buy stuff, oil the economy's wheels, and all will be better off.
Perhaps the ultra-rich won't be as rich as they are now in comparison
with the average or median Joe, but many more people will be happier. Me
first philosophies of the rich are food for communist agitators.
I better stop and take a nap.

trickle down rewards the rich for being rich and does nothing to create more
jobs, better or cheaper products, etc. the real reason the richicrats fear
giving the middle class better tax breaks is because they will vote with their
money on which companies survive and those companies will not be quick to adapt
to the idea that the consumer will not tolerate crap when they don't have to