Posted to alt.home.repair
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default Exterior paint recommendations?

On Mon, 17 Sep 2012 12:52:59 -0700, "bob" wrote:

Are there reliable ratings for exterior latex paint?

Consumer reports rate behr premium and glidden premium pretty high (both are
around $25/gallon). I would like to get other opinions.

Also, their rating doesn't list which paint is mildew resistant. Is that not
an important consideration?

There are mildew on my current house -- mostly on the trims.

I only know my experiences. Local dealer is very knowledgeable and
sells Pittsburgh and it has lasted a very long time on my house.

At work, we used hundreds of gallons of Benjamin Moore (interior and
exterior) with good results. After five years, it looks as good as
the day it was applied.

I think most exterior pains are mildew resistant these day. All the
major brands are pretty good. I'd avoid the discount stuff at big box
stores though.