Preston Andreas

Default 1 1/2 hp shapers for stiles and rails

I have a small cabinet shop with one 3hp shaper that I use to make raised
panel doors. Anyone that has done that knows what a pain it is. I am
considering buying two Delta or Jet 1 1/2 hp shapers for the stiles and
rails. I will move the 1/2 hp feeder back an forth from the 3hp machine
(for raised panels) to the stile cutting shaper. The Jet has less capacity
under the nut and in travel, so I am strongly leaning toward the Delta. I
am reticent to consider Grizzly, Woodtek or other cheaper machines. I am
afraid of getting one with too much runout and getting less than quality
cuts out of about $1,000 I have in this set of cutters. And, I am in a real
time bind on this job (~150 doors), so there is nearly an immediate need to
get the shapers up and running without any problems. I am open to any
suggestions.

My main question is - Will these shapers cut an oak/maple stile or rail in
one pass, and are they heavy enough to put my feeder on?

Note: I tried CMT router stile and rail bits in my router tables, but there
was way too much chip out in red oak. Far more than my shaper.

Any feedback to help make my decision is appreciated.

Preston