Posted to alt.home.repair
Red Green Red Green is offline

Default Cutting Countertop

"Doug" wrote in
news
On Fri, 14 Sep 2012 23:41:16 GMT, Red Green
wrote:

Pat Barber wrote in
:

http://www.woodworkingtips.com/etips/etip022500wb.html

Red Green wrote:
I've pulled and replaced countertop (same piece) several times. This
time I think I need to replace some. Just going to use some 9/10 ft
store stock stuff.

Question is in regard to cutting to length. All cuts are 90 degrees.
Borg does not cut lengths.

Just reposting something so I can archive.

Where are you archiving this? Why do you need to repost this to
archive it rather than just archive the original? For me, I'd rather
print to PDF and keep it on my hard drive but I'll assume you don't
want that.

Why is this such a big frikkin' deal?!

Where are you archiving this?

In the archive. Newsreader archive.

Why do you need to repost this to archive it rather than just
archive the original?

Because it's long gone off the server or so far back I'm not digging for
it.

For me, I'd rather
print to PDF and keep it on my hard drive but I'll assume you don't
want that.

No I don't want that. Not in a PDF. Original post of one line of new text
that seems to have started a Q&A fiasco said "Just reposting something so
I can archive."

Because the original is already in my news archive. It's been in there a
long long time. I know where that info is stored right off the top of my
head for a long time - first shot with no searching. Because the archive
header is partially trashed. If the header becomes totally trashed then
the archived version becomes trashed. I repost. I dump the archive so it
gets rebuilt - Rebuild, fetch and rearchive. No big deal.

More details?

Xnews under Xp stores the headers and archive under
C:\Program Files\Xnews\folders\archive.hdr &
C:\Program Files\Xnews\folders\archive.mbx

Under Windows 7, XNews gets installed to
C:\Program Files (x86)\Xnews\folders (makes sense being a 32bit app)

Then Windows 7 took the liberty to put the data for the Xnews folders in
C:\Users\RedGreen\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Progr am Files (x86)\Xnews
\folders

Not knowing this my daily backup was not backing it up. **** happens.
Move on.

I store zillions (yes zillions but not quite bizillions) of things
(virtually everything) as PDF's. Things you would not believe. I have an
awesome app where I can even edit PDF's (text, graphics, add web links,
add file links, lock, unlock - basically everything full Acrobat can do
that I want to do) at a mere 20mb install file for 37 bucks. I don't even
have an Acrobat reader installed any more.

I will croak (not a promise)) if someone replies to this with even more
not understanding:

Because === I === want to!