Posted to sci.electronics.repair
whit3rd whit3rd is offline

Default VCR Or The Remote?

On Monday, September 17, 2012 11:13:56 AM UTC-7, Ron wrote:
I have an old clunker of a set, a combined TV and VCR that somebody

gave to us, which works well enough so I keep using it. Or it did: For

some reason the remote now only controls the TV and not the VCR: I

press play, rew,, etc and nothing at all happens.

Usually, those controls do nothing until a tape is inserted. Do the
front-panel buttons still work? If they don't, it's likely the tape-insertion
sensor switch is dirty. Insert and eject several times, it might clear up.