Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Tom Del Rosso[_4_] Tom Del Rosso[_4_] is offline

Default NASA funds research into self-building spaceships

Jim Wilkins wrote:
"Tom Del Rosso" wrote in message

Thinking of a weed whacker, the chance of a collision with another
satellite is much greater than sat-to-sat. We rely a great deal on
the fact that sats at the same altitude are at the same speed.

Not if their eccentricity and inclination differ.

Not many satellite orbits are very eccentric, but there is still a much
greater chance of collision than between 2 satellites.

If the orbit is inclined the elevator still cuts across it twice a day.

My point is that collision avoidance would be a concern much more often than
with other satellites. You would never avoid a collision thanks to
altitude.

zero, and remove the last word.