Posted to alt.home.repair
harry harry is offline

Default How to attach wooden dowel to fascia board invisibly

On Sep 17, 4:37*pm, Rebel1 wrote:
I want to attach two 4" long, 1.5" dowels to the fascia board. The free
end of each dowel will hold a Y Screw Hook like this:http://hardware.hardwarestore.com/28...y-screw-hook-5...

The two dowels will be 13" apart, so I can place my aluminum extension
ladder between the two hooks to prevent side-side motion. Without
extending the hooks away from the fascia, the ladder will press against
the 1.5" overhang of the first row of (brand new) shingles.

I am aware of hanger hooks like this:http://monsterfastener.com/sizelist....lt&icstyl=Wood

But I'm not sure how to use them, especially with machine screw threads
on one end.

Another factor which may or may not be a problem: the fascia board is
off-vertical by 18 degrees, the pitch of the ranch house roof.

I welcome your suggestions for other approaches.

R1

You can get gadgets that fix to the ladder that space it away from the
wall at the top. This kind of thing.
http://www.laddersandscaffoldtowers....og/Universal--
Complete--Ladder-Stand-Off-Stay.html