Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default trying to adapt warm white LED to candles

bubbas wrote:
Sounds like a good plan, thanks, except I'm a little concerned about one
thing: actual wallwart voltage. Very often, they're marked as 6V, but
output will be a volt or two higher. In that case, I'm assuming I'd
just need to increase the resistance slightly to each bulb, correct? If
7V, then 3.9v dropped across the resistor so 3.9/.027= 144 ohms (I
would use the closest standard resistor, probably 150 ohms). So power
would be a little more, but I could still use a 1/4 watt resistor.
Please correct me if I'm wrong. Been years since I've done much with
electronics calculations, but they're coming back to memory somewhat.

That's all correct.

Bob