Posted to alt.home.repair
IGot2P IGot2P is offline

Default OT OT What is the D?

On 9/15/2012 7:49 AM, HeyBub wrote:
Oren wrote:
On Fri, 14 Sep 2012 12:29:46 -0400, micky
wrote:

That is no doubt the "Kosher Dairy" logo which you can see at
http://tinyurl.com/8u933co

Thanks. I suppose you're right, although I don't see this new symbol
on any ice cream. Maybe the old one wasn't on as many brands as I
thought. .

I believe Kosher foods have to be blessed by a Jewish Rabbi. You would
not see a Kosher symbol on all food products, unless so blessed.

As opposed to a Methodist rabbi?

No blessing is involved in kashrut (kosher) certification and Jews don't
bless "things," such as food or shrimp boats. A rabbi is fundamentally a
legal scholar or judge and teacher, not a pastor; he does not stand in as
God's representative on earth as does a Catholic priest.

In order for a food manufacturer to gain certification from one of several
Jewish agencies, his equipment, methods, and ingredients must meet certain
standards. These standards are purely mechanical and straightforward.

And most importantly, the company must pay the money!