Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Arfa Daily Arfa Daily is offline

Default JVC CA-UXP55 HIFI Problem

"Franc Zabkar" wrote in message
On Wed, 12 Sep 2012 01:13:05 -0700 (PDT), Billy Brainstorm
put finger to keyboard and composed:

Direct links to your photos ...
http://i1148.photobucket.com/albums/...d/d667ae55.jpg
http://i1148.photobucket.com/albums/...d/e039b327.jpg
http://i1148.photobucket.com/albums/...d/a420684f.jpg

Page 8 of the following UX-P5 circuit diagrams looks very much like
your power supply board. The P/N of the main transformer is the same
in any case.
http://www.go-gddq.com/upload/2009_0...1710066960.pdf

UX-P5 Service Manual:
http://www.go-gddq.com/upload/2009_0...1710075498.pdf

The following link looked promising, but it has expired:
http://jvckenwood.com.au/jvcfiles/UX-P7%23SCH1.pdf

Here is another service manual, but it looks quite a bit different:
http://service.eclubthai.com/new/audio/JVC/UX-P550U.pdf

- Franc Zabkar

Looking at the PSU schematics, it's *just* possible that one of the VH
reccies - that's D1004 to D1007 - might take out the primary side fuse if
it was short circuit. That said, the fuse did look very violently blown in
the picture. Still, Billy, I guess before condemning the transformer, it
would be worth just checking those diodes with an ohm meter, and the wires
to points 1, 2, 3 & 4, 5, 6 disconnected.

Arfa