Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Franc Zabkar Franc Zabkar is offline

Default USB chargers, anyone ?

On Fri, 14 Sep 2012 01:22:59 +0000 (UTC), Cydrome Leader
put finger to keyboard and composed:

I used a dumb terminal before I had a complete computer, so I'm no
stranger to serial and all the goofy breakout boxes, null modem adapters
and chain of adapters almost foot long to get stuff to work. It was all
pretty stupid, but about as good as it gets for stuff that old.

What I don't understand is why we need a 480Kbps interface to connect
a keyboard or even a mouse. My maximum data transfer rate, as a
two-finger typist, is only about 2 bytes per second, error correction
notwithstanding.

- Franc Zabkar