Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT Long term benefits from Olympics.

On Saturday, September 15, 2012 11:18:27 AM UTC+1, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,

meow2222 wrote:

The money went in many directions. _Some_ did go into the economy, some

was simply wasted. The point is that what did go into the economy could

have done so via producing a useful valuable result, rather than

pointlessly. Insert here whatever your vision is of what we could have

usefully done with 10 or 20 billion pounds. I'd have put some of it into

antibiotic research.

There's already more than enough money going into drug research. Given the

not into antibiotic research, other typs of drugs are getting the investment.

rewards for success are great anyway. Throwing money at it is a sure way

to waste that money.

a relatively cost effective way to save lives in fact

NT