Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Way [OT] Intersection Passtime?

Gunner wrote:

On Fri, 14 Sep 2012 05:42:45 -0400, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:

Now you can buy it from China for $7.99 and add a few parts for the
detector. I am going to try a couple to replace the PIR sensors in my
motion detectors. PIR doesn't work well at 100 F

Sure it does. You might not get the full 100' or so range, but if the
detector is set up with a proper fresnel lens detection grid...

Kind of hard to fdo inside the house, though. Most are in the
hallways and a few rooms with no windows so I don't have to fumble for a
light switch when my good hand is already in use. The other hand is
holding my cane, which is holding me up.

You might find this of interest..its one of the better pages Ive
found.

http://www.ladyada.net/learn/sensors/pir.html

I've crawled that whole site over the last few months.