Posted to uk.d-i-y
geoff geoff is offline

Default OT Long term benefits from Olympics.

In message , ARW
writes
brass monkey wrote:
"Tim Streater" wrote in message
In article
,
" wrote:

On Sep 14, 1:32 pm, Jules Richardson
wrote:
On Fri, 14 Sep 2012 00:31:37 -0700, harry wrote:
Zero I imagine.

A relief at not having to do it again for quite a long time?

Given the option I'd vote for us doing it all again (using the
existing venues) next summer

Nul points for you. It was egregious enough doing it once - a waste
of public resources and an unwarranted interference with the public
highway in a number of places, too.

Blimey, was I the only one who enjoyed it?

No.

Well, as I see it, you can either have a turgid, boring existence where
life has no ups and downs

or you can have a society whose running is punctuated by the occasional,
but non essential high point that gives some people a kick

To list what "could" be done with the money doesn't ringfence it and say
it "would" be used for the alternative possibilities

Look at all the money spent on "art" that could be better spent on
feeding the hungry

A lot of money is "wasted" on non-essentials, but then, we like our
little luxuries

--
geoff