Posted to uk.d-i-y
Robin Robin is offline

Default OT Long term benefits from Olympics.

It wasn't actually wasted; it employed thousands of people, directly
and indirectly, for years.
The money simply went back into the economy and save that which may
have went overseas as profits for some European-based contractors, the
bulk of it stayed in the UK.
It's just part of the money-go-round, same as it ever was.
I'm amazed the whingers and moaners can't see that - but then again,
they really are short-sighted ******s. Daily Mail mentality.

So on your economic theory we could usefully borrow several more
mother-of-all sheds-full of money and spend it on a mix of over-priced
vanity buildings, flat-pack events with no legacy assets, and temporary
jobs?

Oh, hang on a minute, I may have got the point. You are Ed Balls
AICMFP.
--
Robin
reply to address is (meant to be) valid