Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Billy Brainstorm Billy Brainstorm is offline

Default JVC CA-UXP55 HIFI Problem

On Tuesday, 11 September 2012 08:47:13 UTC+1, Billy Brainstorm wrote:
Hi, This unit failed to power up. Removed case and found the internal 1amp slow blow fuse (T1AL) was shot. replaced fuse turned power on power to unit successful as unit goes into standby mode red light on front and clock displayed. As soon as the unit is turned on proper the Fuse blows again. I am a novice at this sort of thing but did some rudimentary checking on the board that the transformer is attached to looking for blown capacitors or a short of some kind, can anyone suggest a way forward. I am thinking it cannot be that much wrong with it as initail power up is ok? I would rather attempt a repair than put it into a shop as the cost of repair would probaly outweigh the value of the unit. any help? suggestions? Cheers Billy

Thanks for your help and the pointers re the fuse.
I havent had time to look again but will over the weekend, looking like a replacement transformer But probably not worth the cost.
Thanks you very much for your help.
You never know i may have something else thrown at me to fix and i may ask for more help in the future.
take care

Cheers
Billy