Posted to uk.d-i-y
tim..... tim..... is offline

Default Grand Designs

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
In article ,
fred wrote:
Was anyone surprised the banks would advance him no more money? Would
you ? No qualified contracts manager,Nn architect, and a client with his
head up his arse. You'd have to be mad.

Elsewhere in the prog it was stated they had lent the money to build
thousands of new housing estates with no buyers.

We weren't told of the subject's finances. He might well own property etc
that covers the value of the loans. He wasn't doing the usual 'living in a
caravan on site' that those short of cash do.

But we were told that he needed to borrow the money to buy the furniture for
this house, so he can't be that well off

tim