Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default OT - Electric Shocks From Shopping Carts

On Thu, 13 Sep 2012 17:34:13 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On Thu, 13 Sep 2012 12:16:29 -0700, Oren wrote:

I sometimes get static shocks when I exit my truck. I guess energy is
built up and discharges when I touch the metal door. Who knows.

I keep the key in my hand and use that to touch first. I can see the
arc, but feel nothing.

This winter will be interesting. I just got a new car and keyless
ignition. I guess I'll just have to hold the door or grab a coin
first..

I've even gotten static snaps from my elder cat's nose, Darby. Odd
that it bothers me and she never flinches. I'll never understand that
one. Brush her and you can hear static

Living in the dry high desert.