Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default Grout scrubbers?

On Thu, 13 Sep 2012 19:32:18 +0000, nestork
wrote:

Removing the grout to remove the sealer on the grout is completely
unnecessary. It just creates more work removing enough grout so that
the new grout sticks into the grout joints properly, and in my humble
opinion, to accomplish that, you'd either need to use concrete bonding
agent on the old grout or remove the old grout entirely and regrout from
scratch. Either way, it's simply no necessary.

It's like removing the floor to remove the carpet on the floor.

Or, removing the paint to remove the dirt on the paint.

If the sealer is already coming off the grout on it's own, it's not
gonna be necessary to remove the grout to remove what doesn't come off
on it's own.

OK, I'm gonna get off my soap box now, but removing the grout to remove
the sealer on that grout is completely unnecessary.

I'll give your report to my bride for her consideration.