Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default USB chargers, anyone ?

USB is completely stupid, from the ground up.

I don't know how long you've been using personal computers, but it seems
you've never had to set up COM ports, which can be a major pain in the
toches. USB largely delivers on its promise of "plug and play". Whatever
problems it might have, they are offset by the fact that USB works with
little or no fussing.

The only problem I can remember is a product that said you shouldn't install
the driver until you've plugged in the device, when it was actually the
other way around. Or maybe vice-versa.