Posted to alt.home.repair
Doug[_14_] Doug[_14_] is offline

Default OT - Electric Shocks From Shopping Carts

On Thu, 13 Sep 2012 09:03:35 -0700, Oren wrote:

On Thu, 13 Sep 2012 08:59:58 -0700 (PDT), DerbyDad03
wrote:

I was shopping at BJ's last night and was pushing one of their big red
shopping carts around the store. The carts are metal, with a plastic
semi-circle attached to the top of the handle, leaving the metal on
the bottom of the handle exposed.

A couple of times I felt something strange on the finger tips on my
left hand so I (carefully) slid my hand along the underside of the
handle to see if there something sharp under there. It was completely
smooth.

I continued walking around the store and continued to feel the strange
sensation every few steps, eventually realizing that it felt like I
was being shocked.

I paid close attention to the position of my hands and found that if I
wrapped my hands around the handle in a normal fashion, but moved my
finger tips so that they were very close to, but not touching, the
metal underside of the handle, I would get a static electricity shock
every few steps.

It didn't hurt, but it was not a pleasant feeling.

You have an electrifying personality!

Nah... he was just charged up to buy something.
Or I could say what is he complaining about? It sounds like he had an
electrifying experience in that store.

Seriously, he might thing of different shoes as another poster said
(my preference) or wear gloves.