mel

Default French door problem

you stated-1. On the outside of the door, there will be a bead securing the
glass.
For security reasons, this bead is normally moulded as a part of the door
itself, and you can't remove it.

Actually, that's a source for debate. Some say the sticking goes to the
outside to prevent water leaks. The reasoning is water will run down the
glass behind the glass bead and back outside under it. We use to argue this
point for years at my father's door shop. Most windows are glazed from the
outside. As far as lack of security in this method... you're talking about
a sheet of glass. Unless the thief is actually trying to steal the glass
itself he's gonna break it... not remove it.

"If God doesn't exist that means Man came up with the rules which govern
mankind. If that is the case don't you think Man would have come up with
some rules that he could keep?"