Posted to uk.d-i-y
David WE Roberts[_4_] David WE Roberts[_4_] is offline

Default Shower Room Extractor Fans

"Thomas" wrote in message

rbel wrote in message ...

I have had a chat with the sparks about the humidistat and he
mentioned that they can be prone to switching on when the shower is
not in use but the bathroom temperature falls/humidity increases when
the CH switches off or goes to night set back. Have you any
experience of this? I see that Vent-Axia now do a 'stat which can
cope with this problem
http://www.vent-axia.com/product/amb...-sensor.html-1
--

This is precisely the problem that we are experiencing with our recently
installed AirFlow humidistat fan. The blasted thing seems to come on when

Unfortunately the problem persists even if I set the unit to its least
sensitive humitidy settings (on at 90% off at 80% RH). I should say that
the unit does switch off eventually and you can speed it up by directing a
hairdryer at it. Even more unfortunately the unit cannot be configured to
ignore the humidistat and switch off on the timer or on/off switch. We've
had to resort to isolating the unit some nights. Will probably swap it for
a simple timer or on/off model.

Makes me wonder if this depends on the part of the country you are in.
We are close to the sea but it doesn't seem to get overly humid (at least
not according to the humidity meters in the indoor/outdoor thermometer
thingies).

[Not even bunny]

Helmuth von Moltke the Elder

(\__/)