Posted to sci.electronics.repair
JosephKK JosephKK is offline

Default Three speed automatic turntable replacement

On Sat, 8 Sep 2012 02:03:45 -0700, "William Sommerwerck"
wrote:

I'll sum it up this way... An LP is cut with constant-amplitude response. *
If you play a test record with a ceramic pickup, you will get flat

response.

* Between the turnover and rolloff frequencies. Between them, LPs are
constant-velocity.

Got it backwards. I corrected this error in a following post several days
ago.

Get out your microscope and look at the grooves and compare to the
playback waveforms. Complex waveforms are ok but something like a square
wave groove would be best.

?-)