Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default USB chargers, anyone ?

Isn't it sad all this garbage is needed to send 5 volts down a cable?

I've seen the USB 2.0 specs, and they're beyond unbelievable. You'd think
what appears to be a simple interface would take only ten pages or so to
define, but it takes 10 or 20 times that.

USB might be "over-defined", but at least it works. I can't think of a USB
product I've owned that didn't work correctly. From my point of view, this
is not an accident. Somebody did a lot of thinking to make sure there
weren't any "gotchas" in the system specification.