Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Italian electricity

Steve Firth wrote:
Adam Funk wrote:
[snip]

And just to spice it up, I've also seen these in use:

http://preview.tinyurl.com/8d8rfwz

Is that for Swiss plugs?

Yes, most common around places like Como and other towns along the Swiss
border.

What annoys me is that I visit Italy and Switzerland now and again, just
far enough apart in time that I've always put the shuko - national
adaptors in a safe place, so I end up having to buy another one every
time. :-/

I also find that the connection using the adaptors is remarkably
unstable, especially in Italy, but I'm never there long enough to make
it worth making a proper adaptor lead.

--
Tciao for Now!

John.