Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default What sucked my traps dry?

On Sep 12, 10:52*am, bob haller wrote:
Since I've seen no other symptoms associated with a blocked vent, it
would have to have been a 1 - 2 punch on Monday.

I'll keep an eye on the situation and see if any "blocked vent"
symptoms become apparent.

letssay theres a big clog downstream that suddenly clears, this can
create a vacuumn that sucks the water out of your traps......

I had it happen here once when the sewer company was working

unlikely but probably what happened to you.

probably a good time to look for your main house trap vent, they often
get covered or lost over the years....

it would of prevented what you had occur, thats its job. along with
preventing flammables to get into your interior drain pipes

main house trap vent?

Never heard of that. I'd be surprised if I even had one.

What should I be looking for?