Posted to alt.home.repair
rlz rlz is offline

Default phone charger adapter?

On Sep 12, 8:05*am, heathcliff wrote:
I recently had to get a new mobile after my old one . . . well let's just say there was a water immersion event.

Needless to say the charger for the new phone has a different end than the old one. (New phone is a Samsung, old one was Nokia) For the old one, I also had chargers at the office and in my travel bag - do I have to buy 2 new ones for the new phone? *Or does someone carry an adapter that would let me convert the old chargers to use on the new phone? *-- H

My guess is that there are two basic differences in the two chargers.
1. the physical plug where it fits into the phone. 2. The voltage/
amperage of electricity that the charger produces. This is usually
listed on the charger. If the output voltage/amperage match on both
chargers, then it may be possible to buy an adapter that converts the
plug of the old one to match the new one. If the voltage/amperage
don't match, then you'll need to get new chargers that are for that
make/model of phone.

Rob