Posted to uk.d-i-y
tim..... tim..... is offline

Default OT Aldi Update

"charles" wrote in message
In article , Tim Watts
wrote:
Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

In article , charles
wrote:
In article , Chris J Dixon
wrote:
Owain wrote:

Oakham chicken comes from Norfolk and Suffolk, not the West
Midlands.

Rutland's county town is in the East Midlands.

and Surrey's is in Greater London.

What is/was Surrey's county town?

I think he's referring to Kingston which is correct on both counts as
Surrey County Council is still HQ'd there even though it is now outside
Surrey.

Many consider Guildford to be the principle town now, but I cannot find
anything to back this up officially.

Guildford, in which I live, is probably the principle town. Surrey CC did
want to move County Hall there saome 20 years ago, but a legal challenge
their use of a particular site stopped that dead. There is now a plan to
move to Woking.

Is that back on again

It was abandoned at least 5 years ago due to lack of money

tim