Posted to uk.d-i-y
Steve Firth Steve Firth is offline

Default pH meters

Martin Brown wrote:

Reminds me of a problem we once had importing some elephant urine for
pregnancy tests (got impounded at customs). Delay was so great that the
elephants were obviously pregnant so no-one bothered to follow up. Eight
months later we were notified that if we did not go and pay up to collect
our goods it would be auctioned off the the highest bidder!

When I was at Uni the senior lecturer was researching neural cell lipid
changes in humans on poor diets. We got a call from the airport saying he
had to go to cargo and talk to the Revenue. They had a case of steel cans
consigned to him and were insisting that he open them for inspection. He
suggested that they really didn't want to do that because... then some
officious prat told him that no one tells the revenue what to do. They got
a can opener and opened a can ... of human brains. Apparently the revenue
man projectile vomited.