Charlie Self

Default French door problem

Preston Andreas responds:

If you renail the moulding back on, make sure you don't let any of the nails
contact the new pane, or else it will look just like the one you just
replaced. DAMHIKIT.

Yes, well........

Some doors (the really expensive ones) have molding held on by small screws.
When I first built my deck, the Stanley swinging door I installed had four or
five small screws in the verticals, three in the horizontals. When I removed
the door many later, I took it apart on the off chance I might want to re-use
the vacuum sealed inner panes. After all, the hand internal brass cames, were
vacuum sealed, might have made swing up windows for my shop. I don't recall
why, but somehow they got badly bumped and then tossed.

The screws are better, of course, but I don't know how easy a retrofit it would
be to replace brads with them.

Charlie Self
"Ambidextrous, adj.: Able to pick with equal skill a right-hand pocket or a
left." Ambrose Bierce