Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default Real time NG meter change

On Tue, 11 Sep 2012 10:00:18 -0700 (PDT), DerbyDad03
wrote:

On Sep 11, 12:46*pm, Oren wrote:
My neighbor is away at his cabin. I noticed a truck parked out front.
Went to check on what was happening.

The company was changing his gas meter (and mine today). I asked if
any pilot lights had to be re-lit. *He said no, that he uses a small
tank to keep them lit.

Is this something new or has the method been around for awhile? I've
not witnessed one replaced like this before.

Did you watch? How exactly does he tap the "small tank" into the
service fast enough that the pilot lights don't go out?

No. I should have, though. I glanced at the tank. There were two
clamps like battery jumper cables have (grounding?). Not sure how he
tapped into the line. I expect them to come back to do other homes
soon. If I catch him I'll watch / ask.