Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Default No-mow, easy-grow grass?

On 9/11/2012 9:27 AM, wrote:

I didn't say they were exotic. Only that typically commercial
seed producers don't deal with JQ Public and have order
quantities that start with 50lb bags, if they will even deal
with the public at all. I've gone looking for a specific seed
variety that I wanted and it was extremely difficult to find it even
though I was willing to buy 50lbs. After much searching, I finally
found one sod farm that sold it.

Also, do you really buy that he planted and actually
evaluated 1000 different grasses on his lawn? Like
I said, when he has NTEP data that shows what it
does, then I'll be a believer. All this is to me is a cute
little story with little to back it up.

W/ appropriate tongue-in-cheek/fingers-crossed for advertising leeway,
sure I believe he did what it says--raised a bunch of pots of mixes.

Do I have any doubts he could buy the various fescues and so on w/ only
a modicum of effort? None--all he's got to do is claim he's another
grower or whatever and there are enough seed houses if it's not really
far out like you'll he'll eventually find one.

Do I think there's anything really to it other than hype and marketing
and a typical news outlet making stories for to cover air time? No, but
that wasn't the specific area I was addressing...

Overall, no, I don't think there's anything to see here, folks, but if
he can start another Martha Stewart-like designer-grass business out of
it, power to him.