Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default When yellow glue goes brown ...

On Tue, 11 Sep 2012 17:42:06 +0100, "Arfa Daily"
wrote:

Well, today, quite by accident, I discovered that my favoured flux removal
chemical - Servisol Deflux 160 aerosol - does a nice job of softening the
glue up.

Nice find.
http://www.farnell.com/datasheets/1323625.pdf
Looks like it's mostly naptha (white gas, Coleman fuel, etc) and
ether. I vaguely recall finding that the yellow crud is an acrylic,
which is attacked by both naptha and ethers. MEK or acetone would
work better but would probably wreck other parts on the PCB.

http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/482344777/One_component_solvent_resistant_flame_retardant.ht ml
http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/accept-sample-order-wholesale-flame-retardant-yellow-adhesive-free-shipping-for-you/906248_439369255.html
http://www.sonycid.jp/en/products/mc4/sc121.html

--