Posted to sci.electronics.repair
KenO KenO is offline

Default Tips Lubricating Camera Tripod Heads?

Hi Everyone,

"try taking it apart and wiping the parts clean"

Before posting, searched for a manual or least a parts list for the tripod head but found nothing.

I was able to find the parts list for the basic Manfrotto tripod head
http://mediacdn.shopatron.com/media/...pdf?1272346475
http://www.ground-glass.net/diy/tripod-head-maintenance

Am sure the MX350 has much fewer parts.

Since it is only the vertical pan portion that is sticking would only like to take that portion apart and clean.

Did find general tripod cleaning info
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygmceDWMSAc

How to Take Apart a Bogen 3047 Tripod Head
http://www.wikihow.com/Take-Apart-a-...47-Tripod-Head

Unusual post "After you've figured out the simple disassembly process, good luck trying to find the highly viscous and elastic lubricant they use...I'll give you ONE valuable hint. It's a field of interest that is highly dependent on ambient temperatures...."
http://www.howtofixcomputers.com/for...-289825-2.html

Hope there are some general tips on taking apart tripod heads.

Thanks everyone for your help!

Ken