Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rick Hughes[_5_] Rick Hughes[_5_] is offline

Default pH meters

On 10/09/2012 23:33, Steve Firth wrote:

I think it's RTFM time. I had one of those some years ago. They are not
very good. As I recall the instructions state that they will not work
with solutions they will only work when rammed into the soil. ..

Short summary, the Gardman and similar "pH meters" are about as much use
as if they had been made from chocolate.

The instructions on mine didn't say anything about 'no liquids" about
all it says ...
... "clear away top soil, add water, mix with soil, insert probe, wait 1
minute take reading."

You may be right that it will not be much good.

I wonder if I can get a pH probe to use with a MultiMeter ?