Posted to alt.home.repair
Norminn Norminn is offline

Default Beware marble countertops. . .

On 9/10/2012 7:43 PM, Ray wrote:
We recently installed marble countertops in our kitchen, and it's been a
disaster.

Almost immediately water-spots began to form, taking off the sealer.

Even worse, a little tomato juice fell onto the counter, and it was as
if we'd put paint remover on it. Big ugly dull spots wherever the tomato
juice fell -- and it was there for just a few minutes.

We called the installer, who came out and used a different sealer. This
seem to withstand water fairly well, but the tomato problem is as bad as
ever.

Has anyone else had similar experiences?

Any suggestions?

Might as well paint it. Marble is about the worst choice for kitchen
counters I can think of. Look at the label on any product for marble
care....