Posted to alt.home.repair
TomR TomR is offline

Default How to glue rubber to steel

"Jennifer Murphy" wrote in message
On Sun, 02 Sep 2012 19:08:28 -0700, Jennifer Murphy
wrote:

I have a very old, but lovable children's table and chair set. The table
and the chairs have heavy metal legs, which look like steel and appear
to be solid (not tubes). Each one has a little white cap or foot made of
(I think) rubber. Some of the feet are cracked or split and some are
just loose. I have tried taping them, but it doesn't last and looks
awful.

Is there a glue that will permanently stick these rubber feet to the
metal legs? I have some T-88, but the list it works on does not include
either metal or rubber.

I went to the local hardware store and checked out the glues. None were
an exact match. I ended up getting a tube of Amazing Goop. The repair is
done and it seems to be solid.

Thanks for the update. I'm glad it worked out.

I did a Google search for "Amazing Goop" and it looks like there are several
different types of glue under the same general brand name. Did you find one
type of Amazing Goop in particular that seemed like it would work well? --
such as one that is white in color, remains somewhat flexible when dry, etc?