Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default how do you fix a keyboard with coffee spewed into it?

On Mon, 10 Sep 2012 13:30:14 -0700 (PDT), DerbyDad03
wrote:

On Sep 10, 3:49*pm, "David Kaye" wrote:
"DerbyDad03" wrote

Use CD-40.

It will both lubricate the keyboard and disburse the coffee.

The solution is simple: *Buy a new keyboard. *Big Lots and other stores that
sell discontinued items usually has keyboards for sale for less than $15.

Yeah, you can fix the keyboard. *What I'd do is soak the keyboard in very
warm but not hot water, shake it around in the water so that the water gets
in everywhere. *Then I'd IMMEDIATELY dry it out in the sun for half an hour
and then in a nice warm area for several days, such as putting it in the
shade or indoors next to a heating duct. *It works as long as you dry it
fast enough.

"The solution is simple:"

The situation was facetious.

Try to follow along...

Right! Put the keyboard in the dishwasher.