Posted to alt.home.repair
Norminn Norminn is offline

Default Meth Lab Cleanup

clipped

Walt does protect himself as well as the interior of the home he uses.
I suspect fumes are not that bad or they would be reported as released
in a populated neighborhood. Where I worked it was amazing that we did
not get a lot of complaints. We put one hell of a lot of toxic fumes up
fume hoods. I could tell some horror stories but I won't.

Ah...fond memories of high-school chem (my favorite class). After an
especially thorough lecture about the dangers of releasing bromine gas,
we went on to do our experiment. Don't remember what we mixed, but as
was certifiably predictable, one class-mate didn't have his flask sealed
up and we had clouds of brown gas floating about the room. Another
time, probably a precursor of my adult cooking skill, we mixed
(sulfuric?) acid with carbon, probably sugar. Heat to boiling. Stir.
Fill out the workbook page and turn in at end of class. Only thing on
my workbook page after the experiment (aside from black glop splattered
all over it) were the words "I'm sorry. My experiment exploded all over
my workbook."

My grandson is taking advanced microbiology in HS. Students went around
school and took cultures from anything they wanted, then made agar and
grew the samples taken. Teacher got all serious about one sampling
taken from a drinking fountain...don't know what it was.