Posted to alt.home.repair
David Kaye David Kaye is offline

Default how do you fix a keyboard with coffee spewed into it?

"DerbyDad03" wrote

Use CD-40.

It will both lubricate the keyboard and disburse the coffee.

The solution is simple: Buy a new keyboard. Big Lots and other stores that
sell discontinued items usually has keyboards for sale for less than $15.

Yeah, you can fix the keyboard. What I'd do is soak the keyboard in very
warm but not hot water, shake it around in the water so that the water gets
in everywhere. Then I'd IMMEDIATELY dry it out in the sun for half an hour
and then in a nice warm area for several days, such as putting it in the
shade or indoors next to a heating duct. It works as long as you dry it
fast enough.