Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default No-mow, easy-grow grass?

On Sep 10, 1:57*pm, "
wrote:
On Sep 10, 1:26*pm, Hell Toupee

I'd go one further. *This sounds like one of those news
stories that gets blown out of proportion and has little
substantiation. * Like the claim that he barely mows it.
As you point out, it has tall fescue in it. *There are all
kinds of tall fescue, but I have yet to see one where it
doesn't need to be mowed about once a week. *The
tall fescues tend to be among the faster growing,
tougher grasses, which is why they are used for
applications like parks and athletic fields.

Also, I'm wondering how John Q Public gets thousands
of grasses to experiment with. * Most of the seed out
there that you can buy in a 7lb bag is a blend. *And when
you can buy a specific seed variety, it's frequently hard
to find a supplier and then comes in commercial quantities,
ie at least a 50lb bag, wholesale only, etc. *It's kind of
hard to imagine that JQP could stumble on some great
new blend of seed when you have researchers the world
over working on exactly that for decades. *Not impossible,
but you have to wonder.

When his new miracle grass has been put through
a real evaluation, ie NTEP, where they grow it under
test conditions at multiple sites, then evaluate it under
the same criteria as all *the other turf grasses, then
I'll be a believer.

The article contains these 2 lines, the first spoken by a professional
and the second by a consumer:

1 - "And if you don’t mow it, it flips over and becomes a meadow."
2 - "I mow it once a month, and my daughter never mows it because
they’re too busy.”

So what does the daughter's lawn look like, assuming it has "filpped
over and become a meadow?"

Yes, I can use Google images to see various meadows, but what does
"flips over and becomes a meadow" mean in this case, and would someone
want one as a "lawn"?