Posted to alt.home.repair
George George is offline

Default FACT CHECK: Convention speakers stray from reality

On 9/10/2012 9:59 AM, wrote:
On Sep 10, 12:03 am, "
wrote:
On Fri, 07 Sep 2012 23:40:45 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On Fri, 07 Sep 2012 19:51:35 -0400, wrote:

No, I certainly am not. You aren't hearing *reason for*. Either
(being fired and quitting) *may* be eligible for UI, depending on the
reasons behind it. If the employee is not at fault (meaning the
reasons are beyond his control), the MAY STILL BE ELIGIBLE FOR UI. Got
it?

They are two very different things.
Ed started the controversy here about under what conditions
you can receive UI if you QUIT. His point was that if you just
quit your job, except in limited circumstances, you are NOT
elligible for UE.

No, that is *NOT* what the issue is about. He stated, only backed up
by his very limited experience, that you could *not* get UI if you
were fired or quit. This is simply not true.

Well, at least one of the two of you read what I wrote.

From my 9/3 post:
Very limited circumstances.

It is *not* a "very limited circumstance". It happens quite often.

Not if you quit because you don't wish to work any more.

You're lying5 now. I never stated any such thing.

Not in those exact words perhaps. But in the preceeding post you
said:

"My objection is that it is *not* a very limited circumstance. There
are good
reasons that one would quit, or be fired, that are beyond the
employee's
control. Those cases *ARE* eligible for UI. It is *not* limited at
all. "

Read that. You end by saying "It is *not* limited at all" . If the
acceptable
reasons under which one can qualify are not limited, then ANY reason,
including where you just don't wish to work any more makes you
eligible."
That is what that says, in your own words.

So, I say it's not Ed that is the liar. And again, Ed quickly
acknowledged
that there are some limited reasons where one can collect if they
quit. In
turn, you've now taken the bizarre position that the reasons are
totally unlimited.
In other words, you can't take yes for an answer.

But keep digging your hole.

I can't imagine what you are trying to accomplish. "krw" knows they are
the smartest person in the world and will continually let everyone know
by telling them they are stupid. Instead of a normal conversation it
really is a great way to get your point across and so much easier
because clearly everyone except krw is stupid...