Posted to uk.d-i-y
Fredxx[_3_] Fredxx[_3_] is offline

Default Dull thud, and all the lights dim momentarily.

Fredxx wrote:
Andrew Gabriel wrote:
In article ,
The Natural Philosopher writes:
I think you will find you are wrong. Otherwise you could reverse
electrolysis by simply switching polarity every half an hour. Or
every ten years. Or 50 times a second...

In fact its even more dangerous as H2 and O2 are formed at both
electrodes.

Given that electrode boilers generate no gas, I'd say you are wrong.

I would guess the ion recombination time to for the electrolysis
products to form is longer than 100th of a second, so they never do.

Exactly. They never turn back into water again.

Google it. Everybody says the same thing. You get H2 and O2 together
and its a bloody explosive mix,

I have and I get examples of electrode boilers and water heaters, with
no mention to beware of explosive gases.

indeed. That because at the currents and conditions they use, its far
more likely that steam will outnumber H2 by a million to one or so

A website closer to home:
http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Book/7.11.2.htm

Excellent, you accept that under AC fault/water conditions, like a
potential fault outlined in this thread, that any "explosions" will be a
likely to be a result of rapid steam generation rather than from a
hydrogen/oxygen explosion.